A lecture performance on the failure of the definition of the Self.
286. They say to him that if he wants to be part of the avant-garde, if he wants to be avant-garde, then, by definition, he must make something else than the latest movement has made.
287. He immediately says it is right.
288. They continue by saying that, otherwise, he’s mainstream.
289. He feels sad.
290. He says this is true.
291. They ask him if he understands what they say.
292. He answers that he tries to.
293. He feels awful.
294. They say that actually, he tries to obey the rules of the avant-garde, which in itself is not very avant-garde, this attitude.
295. They say it is very conformistic.
Concept-text : Manolis Tsipos
Performers : Simon Tanguy, Manolis Tsipos
► DASARTS – AMSTERDAM
[7-8 january 2011]